­
Bob Nudd

Steve Agar Masterclass Day Decoy Lakes

a great catch all on the method feeder.

a great catch all on the method feeder.

This was a special Christmas present from Steve’s wife Joanne, who also loves to fish when she gets the chance and come along for the day.

The wonderful Decoy Lakes near Whittlesey in Cambridgeshire was the chosen venue.

It was a warm summer morning with a moderate westerly wind. Saturdays are always busy but luckily some early pegs on Cedar were available.

Steve chose to fish the method feeder with a banded pellet on the hook. After 3 casts the tip went round and he was into his first carp. Barbel, F1’s and more carp followed. He never stopped smiling and was catching really well.

I set Joanne up with one of my poles, loose feeding close in the deep margins. She also was soon catching well. Banded pellet was the hookbait.

I took the catch shot at about 4pm. Steve had already reached his net limit and had been returning carp as he caught them. I guess he had caught close to 70lbs. Joanne was not using a keepnet and was returning her fish but I still estimate that she had caught well over 50lbs.

Bob

Here some pictures:

Joanne with her first fish

Joanne with her first fish

a 4lb mirror carp

a 4lb mirror carp

I will net this one

I will net this one

a big mirror carp

a big mirror carp

Steve was hoping he would catch a barbel

Steve was hoping he would catch a barbel