­
Bob Nudd

Colin Beamish Masterclass Day Decoy Lakes

A brilliant catch Colin

This was a special birthday present from Colin’s partner Tracey Tuttle, who also loves to fish and had come along for the day.The wonderful Decoy Lakes near Whittlesey in Cambridgeshire was the chosen venue. It was a cool overcast morning. I decided that Elm Lake with the strong north westerly wind that was blowing would be the most comfortable. Colin chose to fish the pole on the bottom at 7mts, loose feeding 4mm Van Den Eynde hard feed carp pellets with a 6mm banded pellet on the hook. A small pot on the pole with 4mm and 2mm pellets was also used to concentrate the fish. He was soon catching well: a mixture of barbel, carp and F1’s. By 1pm he had reached his net limit and was returning fish as he caught them

Traceys favourite way to fish is with the Method Feeder, using a flatbed with a mould. Groundbait was a mixture of soaked pellets and Van Den Eynde Super Krill with a 6mm banded pellet on the hook. It only took about 1 minute for the first bite and by 12 she had reached her net limit, which did not include a 14lb mirror carp which was returned after landing. I took the catch shot and returned the fish. The following 3 hours produced another 50lbs plus of fish.

We left the bank at about 4pm. I am not really sure who had caught the most fish, but both had more than 150lbs.

Bob

Here some pictures:

Tracey with her first fish

Colin's first fish a 3lb barbel

the purple hydro elastic was perfect 
­