­
Bob Nudd

Steve and George Grundy Masterclass Day Ferry Meadows

great fishing Steve

great fishing Steve

This was a special day arranged by Steve’s wife Marie, for her husband and father in law. They enjoy fishing together whenever they get a chance. Ferry Meadows near Peterborough in Cambridgeshire was the chosen venue.

George with his first fish

George with his first fish

It was a cool summer morning with a moderate north westerly wind making it feel even colder.

Steve with his first fish

Steve with his first fish

Both anglers love to fish the feeder and the idea was to target some of the lakes specimen bream.

a big bream slides into the net

a big bream slides into the net

Casting to about 45 mts with a 35 gram medium Browning Window feeder filled with chopped worms and maggots with double red maggot on a 14 hook, it took a few casts before George hooked into his first fish a hybrid about 10 ounces, and then one of the lakes big bream. Steve had a slower start but then was soon catching some quality hybrids plus 2 big bream. As the day went on more hybrids moved into the swim. George also caught a big skimmer about 2lbs.

a quality bream close to 5 lbs

a quality bream close to 5 lbs

I left them at about 4pm. They were having such a great time they decided to fish on. Steve emailed me to say they kept catching hybrids until they finished the session at about 6pm.

Bob

Some more pictures:

almost in the net

almost in the net

Yes, it's mine!

Yes, it’s mine!

a 6lb bream in perfect condition

a 6lb bream in perfect condition

a big skimmer close to 2lbs

a big skimmer close to 2lbs

a hybrid close to 1lb

a hybrid close to 1lb